Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Scratch Off Love

I have mentioned many times my typical Saturday routine of developing a menu and grocery list then going to Woodman's but I believe I have neglected to ever describe what we do at the end of our shopping trip.
 Every week my mom and I buy scratch off lottery tickets!  We each get one.  Usually we get the $1 ones but occasionally we get $2 or $3 ones.  During the holidays we got a really cool one that cost $25 and was like an advent calendar.  You scratched a box each day up to Christmas and if you got three matching symbols you won a prize.  We won $30-40, I forget.  I got one for Linds because she is really the queen of scratch offs.  She was so excited she scratched ever box right away!  That's cheating!  Anyways, I mentioned that I didn't have any big winners at the Derby.  My poor mother had to go grocery shopping by herself while I was gone but she didn't neglect to get our scratch offs.  We didn't scratch them right away because I was unpacking and eating dinner but after dinner before I left to go running we scratched them and I won $50!  That's the most money I ever won on a scratch off.  It was very exciting.  Kind of funny I go to the Kentucky Derby and win nothing but then come home and win $50 on a scratch off.  Usually we just turn them in for more tickets but this was too juicy.  I cashed it and am going to treat my mother and I to pedis this weekend.    As sad as I am for the Derby to be over, it really is nice to get back to my normal routines.  I had a great Zumba class and my mom made a delicious dinner, Southwest Steak.  She served it over rice instead of pasta (pasta seems odd to me here) and we had it with a lovely spinach salad.     

My dinner last night
After dinner I scooted over to Cheryl's to watch DWTS.  I really could not love Zendaya any more.  She is just so cute and such a good dancer.  Cher made really yummy Strawberry Frappes.  Tonight when I have a little more time I am going to finally take pics of my closet and the umbrella I made for my mom.  I know I owe you them.  Do you like scratch offs?  What's the most you've ever won?  

No comments:

Post a Comment