Friday, May 10, 2013

Closet Love- Part Two

Yesterday dear readers were given a glimpse into that most sacred of spaces, my closet.  Today the tour continues.  As I explained yesterday, I have two connected closets off my room.  The second closet holds skirts, dresses, shoes, and handbags primarily.  It was hit hardest (in a good way) by my recent organizational purges.  As you walk through the first closet into the second, to the right is a single clothes rack.  On the far side skirts are hung on four-tier skirt hangers, in rainbow order of course.  Next to them are dresses and on the near side, strapless dresses hung on skirt hangers.  

Dresses and skirts, nice and neat
On top of the clothes rack is a shelf.  On this shelf I put all my nicer shoes, meaning shoes that came with cloth dustbags, each in an individual shoe box from Container Store.  Don't even get me started on how much j'adore the Container Store.  Besides being a space-effective, and aesthetically pleasing way to store shoes, it also makes them easy to see and thus less likely to be neglected.  

Stacks on stacks on stacks
Along the back wall are two shoe racks.  One telescopes so I have it expanded to maximum length.  Next to it is another four shelf rack.  Besides individual boxes, shoe racks are the second best way to keep shoes neatly organized.  

More shoes
And even more shoes
I hang handbags and totes from hooks on the same wall.  I prefer to store handbags on shelves as it's better for them but since I don't have the space this is the best option.  I keep them all in their dustbags as well for additional protection.  

Some bags
Few more bags
Besides simply weeding out the pieces I no longer wore, the biggest change I made was hanging up my hat boxes.  As this was my fourth year attending the Kentucky Derby I have a small collection of hats.  They were previously stored in hat boxes which were then stacked on the closet floor.  I did not like how disorderly this looked so I affixed hooks to the ceiling from which to hang some of the boxes.  You can see them in the above two pictures as well as below.  

One more hat box
I am very pleased with how it turned out.  Overall it's just neater and more attractive.  Last night I had dinner with my friend Rachel and her sweet family.  It was very fun!  Tonight I am watching Cher's kiddos so she can attend a reception for her husband's MBA graduation.  Tomorrow, the usual Saturday zumba, groceries plus pedi with my mom from my scratch off winnings, then going to see the Great Gatsby Saturday night with Jeremy, Alexa, and Jamie.  Sunday is commencement and one of my very favorite students, darling Bojan is giving the address.  It should be another great weekend!  What are you up to?  Happy Mother's Day to my mom, the best in the whole world.  

2 comments:

  1. It should be a great weekend, indeed! Looking forward to the movie, fro-yo, and Sunday's festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun! Glad I got to spend lots of time with you!

    ReplyDelete