Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Railroad Love

One of the activities I devote my time to is serving on the Board of Directors of the National Railroad Museum.  The Museum is really cool because like the Smithsonian or the National Gallery, it is literally the United State's official Railroad Museum and it's located right here in GB.  I have been on the board for two years now and generally I really enjoy it.  My background in fundraising informs my viewpoint and I think I bring a unique perspective.  I am also the only girl and the only person under forty.  It's not exactly a diverse group.  
Tonight we have a board meeting.  The Museum is opening a new Children's Discovery Depot soon.  It's especially interesting for me because my darling godson is gaga for trains.  I took him to a Polar Express event in December and he absolutely loved it.  He was just over two-years-old when we went and he kept saying over and over "polar train...polar train."  We also went to an Easter Bunny train event in March and he loved that too.  It's fun to take him to something that I'm involved in and that he enjoys so much.  

JoJo on the Polar train
Last night for dinner my mom made fantastic Lemon-Oregano Chicken Skewers on the grill along with green beans and carrots.  Yum!   Do you volunteer on any nonprofit boards?  Have you ever been to the RR Museum?  If not, you should!   

2 comments:

  1. We need to grill out at your house this summer. I'm not permitted to have a grill on my balcony and I don't want to grill out near my garage. It's one of my fave summer activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! I love grilling too!

    ReplyDelete