Monday, May 13, 2013

Commencement Love

Happy Monday friends.  I hope everyone's week is off to a great start.  I had a very busy weekend but it was nice.  Friday was my dear friend Jeremy's last day working here so his boss hosted a going away party. It was very nice.  Fortunately for me Jeremy won't be leaving the area until August so we'll have plenty of time to have lots of fun this summer.  Still it is sad to no longer have him as a colleague.  After his party I ran some errands and then babysat Cher's little people.  We had a great time!  

Twins reading
Everyone was very very good.  Saturday I went to Zumba, put together a lawn mower that my mother bought, got a pedicure, finished altering Alexa's robe for graduation, got groceries and did some tasks around the house.  Saturday night Jeremy, Alexa, Jamie, and I went to see the Great Gatsby.  We all thought it was ok but the costumes and sets were fantastic.  And Jamie and Alexa really hated Tobey Maguire.  Then we got delicious frozen yogurt.  My new fave flave at Smart Cow is White Chocolate Mousse.  I never tried it because I don't like white chocolate but it is sooo good.  Sunday was commencement.  Jeremy and I are friends with Bojan, the student who was selected as the commencement speaker (not to be confused with Bud Selig who also spoke and was much less impressive).  We have been helping him (Bojan not Bud Selig) prepare for weeks now and it was so exciting to see him give the speech to thousands of people.  It was fantastic.  We also enjoyed a champagne toast in my office with a few of our favorites.  

The grads minus Bojan
It was a very nice weekend and I got a lot done.  Tonight for SC I made Pumpkin Pie Dip.  Can't wait to see Ingo finally go home.  Well, I guess that will be tomorrow.  Did you attend commencement?  Have you seen Great Gatsby.  What about Great Catsby?    

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to start planning a fun-filled summer! Let's work on nailing down some dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Let's discuss this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete