Monday, April 29, 2013

Derby Week Love

The week that I have long-awaited is finally here!  I just have to get through 3 and 1/2 (well now only 2 1/2) days of work and it will be time to depart for the Derby!  I have made some last minute decisions that may shock you.  I am sticking with my French Connection Derby dress mentioned here and my hat I bought a few weeks back BUT I am going in a different direction with my Oaks dress.
 The white pom pom Isaac Mizrahi is super cute but it has a tendency to wrinkle a lot and the white flowered Jill Stuart seems a little formal soooo I am going to wear an azalea (pinkish purplish) silk dress from J. Crew.  I like it because it goes with the pink shoes, bag and necklace I was planning to wear but is a little more fun.  I also bought an amazing pink fascinator last weekend when I was shopping for a hat box so that will the perfect piece to finish the outfit.  I am very excited to wear it!  Oh my goodness have I been busy lately both at work and at home.  I like it but I feel like I hardly have a moment to catch my breath.  I did have a lovely weekend though.  Friday Jeremy and I had our four favorite students (Monica you are a new favorite) over for dinner.  I made my favorite vegetable lasagna, Jeremy made a delicious salad and the kids brought a fantastic blueberry crumble.  We all enjoyed champagne on account of their upcoming graduation and delicious appetizers courtesy of Jeremy.  It was a lovely evening.  When I got home these boxes I ordered from Target to complete my closet reorganization had arrived so I worked on that for a bit: 

6 pc Heart Print Storage Bin  - Small
You may recall I already have the shoe box and accessory box size, now I have the slightly larger one too
Room Essentials Med Tapered Bin Blue Set of 3
basic storage basket
Since spring has finally sprung I was able to sleep with my window open and it was glorious!  Saturday I went for our first warm-weather run with Cher, did the usual Saturday stuff, and had a fantastic Vietnamese dinner with some work friends.  Jeremy and I ended the night with fro yo.  The perfect way to end an evening in my opinion.  Sunday was fantastic too.  Ran a few quick errands, did some things around the house, put together a package to send to some friends, got fro yo (again) with Cher and the twinsies, and spent hours on Project Closet Re-org.  I finished the entire closet, went through four boxes of stored clothes and the only thing I have left is my dresser which is on the agenda for tomorrow night.  Yay!  Sunday for dinner my mom grilled chicken and veggies and I had a fantastic run with Cher.  Tonight after Zumba she (my mom) is making salmon and then I'm watching DWTS with Cher.  For Snack Club I am making a new thing I invented: Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothies.  They're super easy and healthy:
Add to a blender:
one ripe banana
one cup vanilla almond milk
about 10-12 ice cubes
two tablespoons powdered peanut butter
blend until smooth and enjoy
mmmmmmmmmmm
What's on your plate tonight?  What have you been up to?  I promise to post pics of the closet and my mom's umbrella that I owe you from last week.  I'm the worst!  Will also show you the Oaks fascinator.                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment